We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
White Cheddar Pasta
This savory Bacon White Cheddar Macaroni is a delicious and hearty dish perfect for any night of the week. Start by boiling macaroni in salted water, then create a creamy white cheddar sauce with butter, flour, milk, and cream cheese. Add garlic, paprika, and pepper to the sauce for added flavor, then stir in the cooked macaroni and top with crumbled bacon and chopped fresh rosemary. Serve and enjoy!
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 pound Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 cups Shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook until al dente and drain
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and salt until combined.
- Slowly add the milk to the skillet, whisking until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted
- Add the cheddar cheese, garlic, paprika, and pepper. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir until combined. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- This dish is great for a weeknight dinner or as a side dish for any meal.
- For a vegan version, substitute vegan butter and plant-based milk.
- You can also substitute other types of cheese for the white cheddar if you prefer.
- Feel free to add other herbs and spices to the sauce for more flavour.