Do you wish to make a healthy soup at home like a professional chef? Well, this is not a difficult task at all. You only need to maintain some steps properly, and you will get it ready. No additional tools are required to make a delicious soup at home. You can make it at home with ordinary kitchen tools.
Let’s see how to cook soup.
Choose the Fat
This is the first step of your cooking. You need to use some fat like butter or olive oil. This is necessary to sauté any root vegetables or other early flavors. You can pick whatever you want based on your taste. But my suggestion is to use olive oil for the Italian style and butter oil for cream soup.
Choose the Base
In this step, you need to choose the base flavors for the soup. In this step, select the type of your soup. Like what you want to use in the soup. It can be beef, chicken, or fish stock. You can also choose tomato puree or veggies for your soup. You should choose maximum two items. If you need a tip, then I will suggest using stock mixed with tomato puree which is so delicious. You can also use cream with the tomato puree. Choose the flavor whatever you want.
Choose Your Veggies
You can mix different vegetables for your soup. Onion is a must thing if you want a good flavor in the soup. Also, carrots, celery are common ingredients for soup. With them, use some spinach, corn, kale and so on. Use which is available at your home as you are going to make the soup in your style.
Choose the Spices
Black pepper and sea salt are the necessary things. Also, you can use rosemary, marjoram, basil, chilis and some other ingredients for it.
The Final Step
- Heat your soup pot with water over medium heat.
- Sauté your aromatic vegetables that you have selected with your chosen fat.
- Cook the meat before using for easiness. For cooking meat, you don’t have to follow the traditional method. Only make sure that the meat is boiled enough.
- Add the base. Veggies, meat, and spices in the soup pot.
- Now taste the flavor and adjust by adding a number of different ingredients.
- Allow it to simmer for an hour.
- Now taste it again and adjust.
- Add the cream or milk before serving in the soup bowl.