Revive uninteresting or stained shoelaces by exploitation home items and some easy tricks to induce them trying clean and novel once more. Many varieties of laces are created with cotton or polyester, thus cleanup them involves utilizing a number of equivalent merchandise that you’d use to scrub vesture or clean upholstery.
However, you need to use special merchandise and techniques once cleanup suede or animal skin shoelaces as a result of you cannot simply throw these garments.
Materials that you need
Baking soda – This is a powerful bleaching agent to remove the stains from your shoelaces. It acts as a shredder to simply wash away rusts and discoloration.
Bleaching powder – This is very common when it comes in cleaning materials. However, this one will help you out to achieve the whiteness of your shoelaces.
Toners – If you are wondering on how to use it, well this is your chance to tone your shoelaces to restore the brightness of and make them lift.
Step by step on how to clean your shoelaces
- Remove white shoelaces from shoes and place them in a large bowl filled with 2 cups of water and ¼ baking soda with a little bit of bleach. Allow shoelaces to soak for about 5-10 minutes.
- Apply bleaching powder to shoelaces that also look dirty once bleaching. Place these laces within the washer in conjunction with alternative similar-colored covering.
- Wash other colored shoelaces separately from white laces and don’t put bleach on it to avoid the color to fade.
- After bleaching the laces, put them in a ½ cup of water filled with toners and soak them for 10-15 minutes to achieve the desired color.
- Place shoelaces on the table and make them dry.
Never use fake bleaching agents or toners or else it might destroy your laces and you might terribly do that in a wrong way.
Tips on how to maintain the whiteness of your shoelaces
- Always clean your laces often to avoid the accumulation of dirt.
- Instead of bleaching them, use some organic cleaners such as vinegar or salt to remove the stains.
- Put away your laces from colored laces to avoid contagion of colors.
- Be responsible to clean your shoes and shoelaces.
- Dry them properly to get rid of germs, bacteria and viruses.
- Always use household cleaning items to remove the grime of your laces.
- Try to wash them in the cold water to freeze the stains and for you to easy remove the dirt.
The above tips will surely help you to make your laces more beautiful and dirt free. By doing these simple steps, you will not think of an expensive thing to clean/wash your laces and bring back its own color. Always remember that there’s nothing wrong with bleaching agents.
The important thing is that you know the limitations of it and use them properly. What I highly recommend is to use some organic cleaning materials to ensure the whiteness of your laces.