Sometimes women shy away from raising their arms way up in the air if they are wearing cut off sleeves. The main reason or culprit behind this phenomenon is dark underarms.
While this is not a serious issue but can cause embarrassment for many women. The main causes for dark underarms are as follows:
- Dark underarms can be caused by an accumulation of dead cells.
- This condition can also occur if you are in a habit of excessively using different types of antiperspirants and deodorants.
- Wearing tight clothes can also cause dark underarms as the material keeps on rubbing against your skin making it darker.
- If you use the razor on a regular basis then it can leave thinly grown stubble, which gives an illusion of dark underarms.
- People with a diabetic problem can also get dark underarms owing to excessive pigmentation.
- There are also some hereditary factors that can cause dark underarms.
- curing dark underarms
Now that you know the causes of dark underarms lets figure out the ways of curing it.
Some of the tips that will help are as follows:
Owing to their mild acids, potatoes are a natural bleaching agent. However, they do not irritate the skin at all when the juices hit the skin. The method is as follows:
- Take a slice of potato and rub the slice on your underarms for about 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. You will need to repeat this step twice a day to get best results.
- You can also grate a potato and apply the juice on the underarms with help of your fingers or you can also use cotton. This should also be left for 10 minutes and then washed off with lukewarm water.
Sandalwood and rose water
You can also get rid of your dark underarms by making a pack of sandalwood and rose water. Apply this pack for several minutes and then wash it off. Being a natural lightening agent, sandalwood would take away the dark patches and rose water helps in cooling and softening the skin.
This particular ingredient is known for its anti-germ properties hence, it can be used for making the underarms lighter. Create a paste of saffron with milk or cream and apply it on your underarms. Leave it overnight and then wash it off in the morning. This pack not helps in getting rid of the dark patches but also helps in killing the bacteria and germs that cause underarm odor.
This is something that is commonly found in every household. You can make an exfoliating scrub to get rid of darker underarms. The procedure is as follows:
- Mix baking soda with water to make a thick paste
- Scrub your underarms with the paste for few minutes
- Wash off the area and dry it with the help of soft towel
You should be repeating these steps several times in a week to get the best results. Baking soda also helps in clogging the skin pores, which ensures that the underarm area is ventilated at all times.
Dark underarms can cause distress to many women as they will not be able to wear something that is without a sleeve. Following the above methods can help in eliminating this problem.